Today, many sites are trying to expand their audience through popular instant messengers, such as Telegram. Below we will tell you how to create a Telegram channel for this purpose and automate the transmission of information from your site to it. Booksnt.site offers you step-by-step instructions for setting up automatic posting to Telegram via an RSS feed.
CREATING A TELEGRAM CHANNEL
1. After you have registered in the messenger, go to the New Channel tab in your settings.
2. You will be prompted to select a channel name and description. Fill in the appropriate lines.
3. After entering the channel name and description, click the Create button.
4. The next step is to choose whether the channel will be chosen or private by you (choose Public), and offer your link option. Click Save.
5. Then the messenger will offer to invite subscribers to the channel - if you already have contacts in Telegram, you can invite them. Or skip this step. 6. Your channel in Telegram is ready!
CREATING A BOT IN TELEGRAM
Now you need to solve the issue of automatically filling the channel if you do not have the opportunity and time to send each message manually. To do this, you will need your own Telegram bot, which automates the entire process.
1. To generate a bot, find the @Manybot account in the messenger search and go to it.
2. On the bottom menu, click Create a New Bot.
3. In the chat with @Manybot, you will see further instructions on how to create your bot.
a) you need to go to the dialog with the @BotFather account by clicking on this name in the instructions that appear;
b) send the command /newbot to the chat with @BotFather;
c) in the chat with @BotFather, send the name that you want to call your bot, with the mandatory ending “bot”. If the name you created is already taken, then @BotFather will suggest choosing a different option;
d) If the suggested bot name matches, @BotFather will send you a special key (token). Copy the token.
This completes the dialog with @BotFather.
4. Return to the conversation with @Manybot and send them the token you received from @BotFather in the chat.
5.@Manybot will notify you that your bot has been created and prompt you to enter its description. You can skip this step by clicking skip.
Your bot has been created. Next, we go to the dialog with him.
ENABLING RSS FEEDS IN TELEGRAM
1. Open a dialog with your newly created bot and send it the /autoposting command in the chat.
2.menu will appear at the bottom indicating possible broadcast sources. Click +RSS feed.
3. In the chat with the bot, send a link to your site’s RSS feed.
4.bot will start broadcasting content from your RSS feed to your account.
In principle, this instruction is also contained in the official Telegram blog. However, if you stop there and don’t take the next steps, then your bot will only post to its own page, and not to your public channel.
In order for automatic transmission of your site’s RSS feed to occur in the channel, you should assign the bot as the channel administrator and enable auto-posting.
ASSIGNING A BOT AS A TELEGRAM CHANNEL ADMIN
1. Go to your channel’s settings via the button in its upper-right corner and select the Manage channel tab in the drop-down menu.
2. In the window that opens, click the Administrators tab.
3. In the search box that opens, enter the name of your bot, starting with @.
4. Click the Add administrator button.
Ready! Now your bot is the admin of your Telegram channel.
Next, you need to redirect the automatic broadcast of content from the bot page to your official Telegram channel.
ENABLING AUTOPOSTING IN THE FEED
1. Go to the page of the created bot, expand the lower menu, select the Settings tab in the menu.
2. After going to Settings, select the topmost Channels tab (“Channels”), click on it.
3. The messenger prompts you to select a channel for posting. Click on the Add Channel button. After that, in the chat window with the bot, you need to send the name of your channel to Telegram, starting with@, or a link to the desired channel.
4. After sending the link to the channel to the chat, click the Send Test Message button in the menu — and the bot will send a test message to your channel. Make sure that it has arrived.
5. If everything is fine, the message Channel successfully added will appear in the chat with the bot. After some time, it will automatically start displaying posts from your RSS feed. The job is done!
If necessary, you can configure the same bot to send messages to your other channels using the Add Channel menu button.
Add to favorites